Users can configure their security cameras with Amazon Echo. If you are looking for your Arlo security camera with Amazon Echo Show, then you can refer to the following setup procedure for it.
Amazon Echo with Arlo security camera, one must ensure their camera possesses Alexa skills that are capable of working with Alexa. Arlo Alexa skills can be used to command Alexa for viewing the live camera recording on Amazon Echo Show. Other than this, many more features can be availed if a compatible arlo home security room is configured with Amazon Echo Show.
Arlo Alexa Skills, Arlo Alexa Skills.
- Wire-free Arlo security camera having model number VMC3030 and VMS3x30.
- Arlo Q camera having model number VMC3040
- Arlo Q Plus security camera with model number VMC3040S
- Arlo Pro security camera with model number VMC4030 and VMS4x30
- Arlo Pro 2 camera having model number VMC4030P & VMS4x30P
- Arlo Go security camera with model number VML4030
- Arlo Baby security camera with model number ABC1000
Once you have any of these arlo cameras, you can configure it for using the Arlo application. After setting up the arlo security camera, you should go through the following steps for Amazon Echo Show.
Ideally there are two ways to turn on the Alexa Skills. Both of these are listed as follows:
- By asking Amazon Alexa app for enabling arlo skill for instructing the Alexa app to setup your Arlo account with Alexa account. For this you need to speak “Alexa, enable Arlo Skills” to your Amazon Alexa and it will configure your account.
- By locating the Arlo skills within Alexa application and then clicking on it to “Enable Skills” for setting up your account with Alexa account. If you wish to configure the skills, then kindly go through the following set of steps.
- Download and open the Alexa Amazon application on any of your smart devices with supporting internet connections.
- Once the Alexa app opens up, locate the option for “menu” and click on it. The “menu” icon can be found at the upper left side of the page.
- After clicking on Menu, a list of multiple options will show up. There is the option for “Skills” and click on it
- Soon as you click on “Skills,” you will be directed to Alexa Skill set store. Alexa devices.
- “Arlo” and click on “Search” button.
- Arlo skills will show up as the search result.
- So, click on “Arlo” skill.
- Now, click on the option to “Enable” the skills.
- Submit your account details by typing in the user ID and password for your account.
- After this, the skills will be set with your device. So, click on “Yes” to start locating devices. In case, the Alexa does not need to search for devices, then you should go to the Alexa app home page and click on “Smart Home” available under the Menu.
- Click on plus (+) like icon to add devices. Your security system will show up as a circled logo. So, click on its logo to add your security camera. Similarly you can add multiple devices.
I know, this was how I can set up Amazon Echo show for using with Arlo security camera. Once the configuration is over, users can use the following commands for accessing their arlo.
- Say “Alexa, show me followed by the name of camera.” It will show up the live recordings of your arlo security camera.
- Say “Alexa, Stop” to the presently running operations and view the home page of the echo Show.
- Speak “Alexa hide” to stop viewing the recordings and view the Echo Show home page.
- Say “Alexa go home” to go back to the Echo Show home page.
In this way you can use commands for accessing your arlo. Hope you find this information helpful. For more information and help related to arlo feel free to visit support arlo com page anytime you want.