QuickBooks users can observe different update errors. QuickBooks Error 1304 belongs to this category. This error can be exasperating as it disallows access to new features by Intuit. The prime causes are damaged Microsoft components, the entries in the registry being corrupted, or incomplete installation of QuickBooks Desktop. To know more, keep reading and perform the fixes to rectify QuickBooks error code 1304.
Prime causes of QuickBooks Error 1304
- The previous installation was incomplete as the disk used for the installation was scratched.
- MS .NET Framework is damaged.
- Entries in Registry related to QB are corrupted
Solution to fix QuickBooks Error 1304
Several methods can fix this update error. Start right away with the first one and in case of a failure, proceed to the subsequent ones.
Solution 1: Re-setup MS .NET Framework
- Press the keys Windows + R together.
- The Run window will open.
- Just add “Control Panel” in the textbox and press Enter.
- When in the Control Panel, take a stride forward to Programs and Features.
- Choose MSXML and C++ and then uninstall them.
- Then, go with the reinstallation of these components from the Microsoft website.
- Now, retry the QuickBooks update.
Solution 2: Use the safe mode for the update
- Go to msconfig from the Run
- Then, choose selective startup and also mark load services option.
- Click on Apply and restart the computer.
- In the Advanced Boot Options, choose safe mode with networking.
- Now, try the update manually by downloading QB update from the Intuit website.
- Then, install the updates.
Solution 3: Copying the CD files
If Error 1304 appears during installation, then copy the contents of the disk to the local drive.
- Inserting the QB disk, and copy the full contents from the disk.
- Create a new folder on the Desktop and paste them contents in this new folder.
- Now, double-click the Setup.exe file to start the installation of QuickBooks.
Solution 4: Use QuickBooks Tool Hub
This tool has the potential to fix many errors encountered in QuickBooks, ranging from the Company file issues, to update errors.
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub from Intuit.
- Install it and after running it, go to the Installation Issues tab.
- Here, open the QuickBooks Install diagnostic tool. It will resolve any technical issues confronting the installation process.
- When done, retry the installation, or update of QuickBooks.
Solution 5: Try the Reimage Repair Tool
- Download the newest version of Reimage Repair Tool.
- Install the tool and use it to scan.
- Then, click on the Start Repair option.
This article presented easy and working solutions for resolving QuickBooks Error 1304. For more help from our experts, just call us at 1-800-761-1787.