QuickBooks update errors belonging to 15xxx, and 12xxx group have come in uncountable numbers in recent times and have prevented users from updating QuickBooks. In the current article, we will discuss QuickBooks error 12031 . This issue is due to wrong configuration of Internet Explorer, Firewall issues, or conflict by other programs that work in consonance along with QuickBooks. Know more about this issue, its causes and fixes by reading this full blog.
Main causes of QuickBooks Error code 12031
This update error can result due to the below mentioned factors:
- Internet settings being changed, or not set properly.
- Firewall in the background has blacklisted QuickBooks processes, especially the process related to the update.
- Poor internet connection can also result in network time out, thereby causing QuickBooks Error 12031.
Easy Fixes for QuickBooks Error code 12031
To fix this error and get your update process of QuickBooks going, perform the following methods carefully. But before starting, create a backup of important QuickBooks files, especially the Company files.
Method 1: Use the manual process to update QuickBooks
This cannot exactly be considered a fix for QuickBooks Error 12031 but is rather a way to accomplish the update process by bypassing this error code. This has worked for some users, and for this the user has to navigate to the website of Intuit. Thee, go to download section, enter correct product details, then download the updates. Afterwards, install the update by running the .exe file.
Method 2: Changing Internet Explorer settings
To make changes to the I.E suitable for QuickBooks updates, perform the steps below:
- Run I.E, the go to Tools, and then Internet Options.
- Select Security, then click on Content tab. Now, go for Disable.
- Go to Connection, then choose Never dial a connection.
- Conform to DUN (Dial-Up Node), then confirm the ISP, now click on Ok.
- Go to LAN Settings and hit on automatically detect settings.
- Remove the Check mark from Use a proxy server, and take note of the IP address and port.
- If the port is not set to 80, remove the checkmark, then click on Ok.
- Go to Advanced, then click on Restore Advanced Settings. Here, choose TLS 1.0 and not TLS 1.2. Hit on Ok.
- Run QuickBooks and try the update again.
Method 3: Clean Install Current copy of QuickBooks
Clean install is the complete wipeout of QuickBooks from the system, and then reinstallation of the program once again. The steps are:
- Go to Control Panel.
- Then to “Programs and Features”.
- Then, click on “QuickBooks”, then tab named “Uninstall/Change”.
- Now, proceed with Uninstall and accomplish the process. Then, restart the computer.
- Rename the QuickBooks folder, then go for a fresh installation of QuickBooks.
- This can also be done using QuickBooks Clean Install tab .
Method 4: Temporarily disable the Firewall and Antivirus
- Open the Firewall, and temporarily disable it while updating QuickBooks.
- Also, add QuickBooks folder in the exception list. Then try the update again.
- Error code 12031 should be resolved.
With this, we conclude the blog on how to fix the update error 12031 in QuickBooks . Having further queries or technical issues, give us a straightaway call at 1-800-761-1787 .