Unless you are an aftermarket-everything aficionado, the odds are high that you have never heard of Borghini Wheels.
This is not a bold statement; it’s how things are.
But it is time that you paid some attention to these wheels. Borghini is a direct competitor to such established brands as Marquee Wheels and Fuel rims.
The company is over a decade and a half old, and is a part of the Velocity Group. This group owns many more excellent brands including Red Sport, U2, and Phino.
Of these, the last two brands can give the famed Blaque Diamond Wheels a run for their money!
So, what makes Borghini Wheels so popular?
The next segment deals with this subject explicitly.
Why are Borghini rims so remarkable?
There are several reasons that have helped the brand gain the traction required to go neck-and-neck with giants like Marquee Wheels.
Some of them are the following:
- The extraordinary quality of raw materials: Right from the beginning of the manufacturing process, Borghini has a lead over many brands because they have access to Avionics-grade T6-6061 aluminum. This is the best material available currently and is commonly used by most of the biggest players in the rims and tire business.
Most of their rims are made from cast aluminum blocks that provide extra strength and add a number of other advantages.
- Enviable engineering and R&D: Similar to the fantastic range of Blaque Diamond Wheels, Borghini too has a dedicated department for better research and development and has developed an attractive array of technologies which have given their wheels a new spin, so to speak.
Borghini’s parent company (Velocity Group) has worked pretty hard to distinguish its various brands and has launched them with long-term strategies. All of their brands cater to different niches and there is very little interlapping that happens.
This game plan has reaped rich dividends. For example, Borghini Wheels was first launched as a brand that targeted premium passenger cars. Post this phase, the brand introduced a number of models for SUVs, sedans, pick-up trucks, hatchbacks, and almost all passenger and commercial vehicles which ply the streets of the United States.
- Performance and quality at reasonable prices: If you compare the latest models of Borghini to those launched by high-end brands like Asanti, Enkei, Lexani, and even American Racing Wheels, you will discover that Borghini’s models offer almost everything that the other major companies do, but at extremely reasonable prices.
Borghini has made this possible since its products are made only in the United States. It is a 100% American icon. Using their state-of-the-art technology, some of which is proprietary, the company has managed to cap their prices.
There are several models of Marquee Wheels which are considered to be cornerstones of the aftermarket rims industry. Their top-of-the-shelf rims will probably burn a hole in many prospective clients’ pockets!
While Borghini’s wheels (especially in the higher bracket of quality) are expensive, they are still in demand mainly because the company promises a much larger number of models. This is a company that believes in an amalgamation of both quality and quantity.
And that is a sure sign that the company will be a force to reckon with!
- Fantastic range and a robust supply chain: Borghini Wheels is a member of the elite club of manufacturers which have models that start at 17-inches in diameter and then go on to rims which have diameters of 30-inches!
At first glance, this might seem overkill.
However, one reason why the company sells such big (read huge!) rims is the ever-changing and dynamic demands from aftermarket wheel enthusiasts who are always looking to purchase the ‘biggest and the baddest’ rims they can get their hands upon!
Surprisingly, Borghini manages all of the aspects with ease and also ensures that their supply chain is unaffected by bottlenecks, despite the pandemic hitting supplies of most notable companies.
Borghini has managed to keep the supply coming in by partnering with some of the country’s best trucking and shipping companies, tying up with several third-party retailers (like Audio City USA in California), and upgrading the production facilities at its plants in California to ramp up the numbers so that the question of shortages did not arise.
Such contingency measures were not adopted by several companies including Blaque Diamond Wheels and they had to suffer for a few months.
Which models should I consider?
Irrespective of the type of vehicle you drive, you will certainly get a wide variety of wheels to choose from.
The best models available in 2022 are the following:
- Borghini B28 Machined. This is the latest model and currently has a single size; that of 26-inches. After its success, it is expected some more sizes will soon hit the shelves!
- Borghini B19 Machined. Available in several sizes and easily one of the most stylish rims manufactured by the company.
- Borghini B22 and B20. These are mentioned side-by-side because they share plenty of characteristics. Besides, these are the only non-machined models available.
Now that you have some idea about the fantastic family of Borghini Wheels, all you need is a reliable retailer where professionals can help you select the perfect set of rims!
Dialing 888.814.1158 and getting in touch with Audio City USA and their in-house experts would be a good place to start.
However, where you buy your latest Marquee Wheels or other top-notch brands is something you have to decide!